Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Copy of What is a thesis statement?
Transcript of Copy of Copy of What is a thesis statement?
What is an Expository Essay Thesis statement?
First - Brainstorm about your topic.
To create an effective thesis statement...
There are several different types of brainstorming techniques that you can use for example:
Once you have chosen your 3 best sub-topics you discovered about your topic, you will want to define your purpose, pick your audience, and then form a single one sentence statement.
What are your three most important sub-topics?
Drug use can have a negative impact on one’s life; therefore, it is important for people to understand how long-term drug use can have serious negative effects on an individuals’ marriage, career, and health.
You can see:
- people who are married and have a career
importance of people understanding how long-term drug use can have serious negative effects
My 3 sub-topic areas
From this thesis statement....
When you are creating your thesis statement:
1. Needs to be a one sentence statement
2. Include a purpose and audience
3. Must include the three specific sub-topic areas related to your overall topic
4. Directly relate to the three supporting paragraphs that will be written in your essay.
1st - Choose your topic
2nd - Brainstorm about your topic
3rd - Choose the three most important areas about your topic that you want to write about. Define your purpose and audience.
4th - Form these three sub-topic areas into a one sentence statement to create your thesis statement.
Once you have done your brainstorming
choose the 3 most interesting sub-topic points
that you discovered about your topic.
If I was going to write about drug use, my thesis statement
could be something like this:
"Drug use can have a negative impact on one’s life; therefore, it is important for people to understand how long-term drug use can have serious negative effects on an individuals’ marriage, career, and health."
Fourth: Create the thesis statement
Here is an example!
Now that you have
the tools and information,
go create yours!