Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Earths Early Atmosphere
Transcript of Earths Early Atmosphere
by Cody Demko
# of differences in the amino acid sequence
Pig, cow, sheep
Tomato horn worm
1.What does it mean when scientists say that living organisms share a universal genetic code? this means that the DNA molecules use the same coding rules to build protein and direct cell function.
2.How does a universal genetic code relate to the hypotheses about the origin of life on Earth? a universal genetic code would relate to the origin of life on earth because if we all organisms DNA act the same that would mean all life would come from a single ancestor.
3.How are self-replicating molecules, such as RNA molecules in the “RNA World” hypothesis, essential to the most popular hypotheses about the origin of life on Earth? they are essential because they were some of the first molecules to produce and reproduce and eventually form DNA.
4.How might similarities and differences in genetic codes, or the proteins built as a result of these codes, be used to determine how closely related different species are? because the more similarities could be used to find the closest common ancestor.
5. Based on the amino acid sequence data for the Cytochome-C protein, chimpanzees and humans share an identical coding sequence. What other species identified on the chart has a coding sequence that is most closely related to the humans and chimpanzees and most distantly related? Explain your answer.
the Rhesus monkey coding sequence relates to the human and chimpanzee sequence with no differences. And the Candida Yeast is the most distant related with twenty differences in the sequence.