Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
AFTER BE, USE THE PRESENT PARTICIPLE OR THE PAST PARTICIPLE
Transcript of AFTER BE, USE THE PRESENT PARTICIPLE OR THE PAST PARTICIPLE
Forms after BE
BE + (1) present participle
(2) past participle
OPEN YOUR BOOKS ON PAGE 166
With the helping verb
or one of its forms (am, is, are, was, were, be, been, being), can be followed by another verb. This verb should be in the present participle or past participle form.
-We are do our homework
(should be are doing)
-The homework was do early
(should be was done)
-Tom is take the book
(should be is taking)
-The book was take by Tom
(should be was taken)
What is a helping verb
-They are necessary for the grammatical structure of a sentence, but they do not tell us very much alone.
-They "help" the main verb