Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of CHEM Dimensional Analysis
Transcript of Copy of CHEM Dimensional Analysis
The systematic conversion of units.
AKA The tool we use to get from one set of units to another.
To do dimensional analysis, you need 1 or more conversion factors.
A conversion factor is an equality (ex: 1 lb = 16 oz) expressed as a fraction.
When you multiply by a conversion factor, you are essentially multiplying by 1!
Use as a BRIDGE to get from the units you HAVE to the units you WANT.
We needed to convert from mph to km/hr?
We needed to convert from Fahrenheit to Celsius?
Dollars to Euros?
Systems of Measurement
3. System International
What can we Measure?
Mass - grams
Length - meters
Volume - liters
Temperature - degrees
1. What units do I have?
2. What units do I want?
3. What conversion factors should I use to get from what I have to what I want?
4. Do my units cancel?
I have 15.9 lbs. How many ounces do I have?
(1 lb = 16 oz)
The length of a piece of wood is 13.25 km. Express this in cm.
1 m = 100 cm
1 km = 1000 m
How many seconds are in a day?
When a ball is going 100 miles per hour, how many feet will it go in 2 seconds?
1 mile - 5,280 feet
3,600 seconds = 1 hour