Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Proficiency Scales
Transcript of Copy of Proficiency Scales
Scale Writing Pointers
1 Proficiency Scale/Essential Standard
When: 1 Scale By December 10
A Fellow Teacher
Your Building and/or District PLC
Use the Marzano website. http://www.marzanoresearch.com/site/
Read Tammy Heflebower's article (Chpt. 5 of The Teacher as Assessment Leader)
1. Select Essential Standard
2. Decide What Proficiency Looks Like for That
3. Define Remaining Levels of Competence
(0-4) 4 Levels Recommended
4. Use Power words
You already have a curriculum.
You already provide instruction.
You already assess your students.
The question is . . .
Do you know how to make the
process more effective?
4- In addition to exhibiting level 3 performance, in-depth inferences and applications that go BEYOND what was taught in class
3- No major errors or omissions regarding any of the information and/or processes (SIMPLE OR COMPLEX) that were explicitly taught
2- No major errors or omissions regarding the SIMPLER details and processes BUT major errors or omissions regarding the more complex ideas and processes
1- With HELP, a partial knowledge of some of the simpler and complex details and processes
0- Even with help, no understanding or skill demonstrated