Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Battle of Shiloh
Transcript of Battle of Shiloh
Commanded by General Grant
Losing during 1st day of fighting
Stabilized position (found sunken road nicknamed "Hornet's Nest") and got reinforcements so they launched a counter attack
Confederates retreated and Union won
Union- 13,047 casualties
Confederates- 10,699 casualties
Grant's career suffered temporarily (lack of defensive preparedness)
White House argued about Grant's authority but Lincoln said, "I can't spare this man; he fights."
Fought April 6-7, 1862 in Tennessee
1st day was Confederates were winning
2nd day Union made them retreat
Generals Albert Sidney Johnson and P. G. T. Beauregard launched surprise attack
intended to drive Union defense away from river
troops got confused and provided Union with time to move northeast and get stabilized
General Johnson- killed first day
By: Addi B.