Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Figurative Language Lesson #2 Similes and Metaphors
Transcript of Figurative Language Lesson #2 Similes and Metaphors
Examples of Metaphors
in the classroom was an
with which we wound.
quarterback was throwing
rockets and bombs
in the field.
4.Kathy arrived at the grocery store with an
What is a simile?
A simile is
a phrase that uses the words "like" or "as" to describe someone or something by comparing it with someone or something else
that is similar
Examples of Similes
1. She is
2. He is
3. His cheeks are
4. Her smile is
the sun shine.
Time to get ready to give out some compliments! :)
What is a metaphor?
A metaphor is
a comparison of a person, place,animal or thing IS something else.
It is stronger than a simile.
Your job is to choose a student's name. Then you will use a simile or a metaphor to compare them to
Ms. Moore can be as
strict as a drill sergeant.
You will then draw a picture of what your simile or metaphor means!