Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Editable Version Working
Transcript of Editable Version Working
The walk is less than 10 minutes.
Tanglin Mall is here
< 10 minutes away
American Citizen Services
Safety. Security. Service.
Our highest priority is to protect the lives and interests of U.S. citizens overseas.
So how do we do that?
We do it by providing the following services...
We do this through routine and emergency services to Americans at our embassies and consulates around the world.
We serve our fellow citizens during their most important moments – births, deaths, disasters, arrests, and medical emergencies.
• Minor Passport Application (DS-11)
Both parents must be present to sign the application before an officer.
If one parent is
, then a notarized parental consent form and a copy of the absent parent's photo ID must be provided.
Validity of passports
(under age 16)
(age 16 and older)
Please write down the address of your
current primary residence
must be 5cm by 5cm.
7) The person must be in front of a
plain white background
There is a self-operated photo booth in the Visa room next door
The booth only accepts 10 Sing Dollar notes
Passport Pick Up con't
(age 16 or over)
Passport Pickup Time
08:30 - 12:00
13:30 - 15:00
• Visa page inserts cost $82 USD
• One insert has 24 blank visa pages
• A passport may not have more than three visa page inserts
• Passports submitted for additional visa pages can be picked up the next business day, except for Thursdays
• Characteristics of a good passport for additional visa pages:
1. Three or more years left to its validity
2. Book spine still intact
3. Passport covers not separating or fraying at the edges
4. Unmarked biographical page
5. Does not already have three visa page inserts added
For passports with
less than 3 years validity left
we recommend that you
apply for a new passport
instead of paying for an additional visa insert.
CRBA (Consular Report of Birth Abroad)
• CRBA applications have a $100 USD fee
• CRBA Application Tips:
CRBA Application: Questions 22 & 23
2. Questions 22 & 23 are for you to list your other marriages. Therefore...
3. If both parents have only been married once and are still currently married to each other, then they will each write down “None.”
4. If either biological parent has never been married, then they will write down “None.”
5. If either biological parent was previously married or are married to other people, they must list those marriages: Spouse, Date of Marriage, and their current status (death, divorced, still married).
1. On the CRBA application please remember to circle your relationship to the child.
Physical Presence of Parents
Visited U.S. Relatives
Attended summer camp/vacations
Original school transcripts
Entry/exit stamps in old or current passport
Used plane tickets
Notarial services cost $50 USD per notarized signature (not per document)
Services to Americans in Singapore
Americans in Prison
Missing relative(s) in or suspected to be in Singapore
Hospitalized Americans who need help and have no friends or family in Singapore
Certificate of Loss of Nationality (CLN)
Please refer to the Embassy website if you are interested in this service:
Get hooked in to what the U.S. Embassy is doing in Singapore and what WE can do for YOU
Window 2 or 3
Window 1 will...
• Social Security Number (SSN)
If your child does not have a SSN, then write zeros in the SSN field on their application.
• Social Security Benefits / New SSN Card / Name Change on SSN Card
Please go to Federal Benefits on our Embassy website or visit the Social Security Administration site at
for more information.
About the Embassy
Talking with a Consular Officer
No parking is available at the Embassy. The nearest parking lots are at Gleneagles Hospital, Tanglin Mall or the Botanic Garden.
Visitors are required to check all of their electronic devices (cell phones, laptops, tablets) and bags with the security station at the front gate.
The water fountain and the public restrooms are to the left of the ACS Waiting Room.
1. Concerned Americans can make an appointment to speak with a Consular Officer.
2. Consular officers cannot act as travel agents, banks, lawyers, investigators, or law enforcement officers.
3. If you need to pick up mail or messages while traveling, some banks and international credit card companies handle mail for customers at their overseas branches.
4. If you need legal advice or help, our Embassy website has a list of law firms in Singapore.
Online Resource Designed Especially for You!
Before you travel...
The U.S. Department of State posts all of its most current travel alerts and warnings on
Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
1. Free service provided by the U.S. Government.
3. Tell us where you are traveling so that the Department of State can better assist you if an emergency occurs.
2. Get the most up-to-date information from the nearest Embassy or Consulate.
(Under age 16)
photo booth is
not recommended for infants
or young children. We recommend that their photos be taken at a professional photography studio.
Welcome to American Citizen Services! (ACS)
Issuing emergency passports for medical or family emergencies
The parental consent form must be notarized by a U.S. Embassy or professional Singapore notary.
Americans have been
by foreign immigration officers because their passports were in poor condition.
damaged passports or passports in poor condition.
“Use your imagination!”
ACS Waiting Room
No matter what service you are looking for today have you done the following?
Take a Q-number before entering the ACS waiting room
1) Wait for your number to appear
2) Once your number appears, go to Window 1
1) Review your application and documents with you
Follow the instructions given to you by Window 1
Present the payment slip and pay the Cashier
Note: Singapore dollars or credit cards only
1) If you paid for
adult passport renewal
the Embassy after paying the Cashier.
If you are waiting for an interview or notary, please wait for Window 2 or 3 to call your name.
Summary of the ACS Waiting Room Process
Enter the ACS waiting room
Wait for your number to appear on the number display
Go to Intake (Window 1) for document review
Pay at Cashier (
Adult passport renewals and Visa Page payees may leave after paying
Wait to be called by Window 2 or Window 3
Once finished, exit Embassy
...in the U.S.?
Consider bringing in...
Passport Pick Up
Passports cannot be mailed.
They must be picked up.
Embassy orange collection slip signed by you
a hand signed authorization letter from you
Check our website for any consular closure dates at
Seats for Visitors
1) Take a seat and review your documents.
Do you have your 5cm x 5cm photo? (a
is available in the Visa Waiting room next door)
2) Wait for Intake (Window 1) to call you
3) Review your application and documents with Intake
ASKED TO COME BACK TO THE EMBASSY?
(given to you on your first visit)
No need to make a new appointment
Check Embassy website for consular closure dates
Come between 8:30 – 12:00 and 13:30 – 15:00.
2) Hand you a payment slip with the amount you will need to pay at the Cashier
2) All other applications:
passports, second passports, notarials
take a seat
and wait to be called by the consular officer
How to walk to Tanglin Mall from Embassy
(age under 16)
Must be picked up by one of the minor's parents or legal guardians. The minor applicant does not need to return to the Embassy.
Before coming by...
consular section is closed
even when the
Embassy is open.
Another great resource for travelers...
2nd: Cross at the first intersection
towards Tanglin Mall
3rd: There's a Starbucks
on the street level of Tanglin Mall.
Photography studio is in the basement.
Pay a little more and you get a new 52-page passport!
It does not matter if it is in the U.S., in Singapore or somewhere else.
2) The photo must be a
facing the camera and the facial expression must be neutral (a slight smile is okay).
No hats or dark glasses
Religious headdress may be permitted
under certain conditions.
You are here
May be picked up by
you or an authorized representative
Your authorized representative
On the CRBA application please remember to circle your relationship to the child
Situation # 3
If biological parents
were not married at the time of birth
, then they will mark "
Questions 21 blank
must be open
in the photo (often a problem with infant photos).
4) The person must wear
normal civilian attire
Please come in and take a seat
More Application Tips!
your Emergency Contact information
You never know when an emergency is going to happen.
Do not sign
DS-11 Passport Application
after you fill it out.
until the consular officer instructs you to sign the application.
WEEKENDS & HOLIDAYS
DO NOT take a Q-number
for passport pick-up
Passport Pick Up Con't
pick up a Q-Number.
to the Cashier Window (facing the seats) to pick up passport(s).
If you are picking up for yourself, you only need to bring the
orange pickup slip
Situation # 1
If both parents have only married once AND are
still currently married to each other,
then fill in
each parent will write down “
,” because they have never been married to other people.
Situation # 2
If both parents were married to each other during the birth
but are now divorced
, then fill in
If parents are divorced and HAVE NOT remarried, then for
each parent will write down “
” because they have never been married to other people.
If either parent is single or married to someone else, then fill in for
In Situation 3
The mother has never been married. She will fill in
In Situation 3
The father is divorced and still married to someone else. He will fill in his
Jane Smith, 03-26-2001, Divorced
Fay Perkins, 08-09-2005, Still Married
If either parent has been
divorced or married multiple times
, they will need to write down the name of their spouse(s), the date of the marriage(s) and the status of that marriage (Death, Divorced, Still Married).
John Smith, 03-26-2001, Divorced
Tina Jones, 11-18-1995, Death
Beverly Martin, 01-11-2003, Divorced
Please ask the Intake person at Window 1.
Parents are married to each other, but have prior marriages.
Please bring your passport
Please keep documents in sequential order
Remember: The ACS Section is
If you don't remember the SSN...
Then leave the fields blank.
Address it to:
Singapore Post Centre
In Singapore, the Singapore Post Centre (main branch) can hold mail for you.
his or her valid government-issued photo ID
your current passport for cancellation.
Please tab all of the places that need to be notarized (Please
sign before seeing the notary)
Is your application filled out?
Did you bring original documents and a photocopy?
Once at the window, hand your stapled receipts to the Embassy staff
Pick up your Q-#
1st: Make a right
outside the Embassy
Sometimes parents forget that they already applied for a SSN for their children.
Before filling out a new SSN application, please email the Social Security Administration in Manila to confirm that your child does not already have a SSN. Their email address is:
Please do not expect them to find you employment, get you residence or driving permits, act as interpreters, search for missing luggage, or settle disputes with hotel managers.
The U.S. Embassy Singapore assumes no responsibility for the professional ability or integrity of any of the firms or attorneys whose names appear on the list.