Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Redevelopment-Case of Bhendi Bazaar,Mumbai
Transcript of Redevelopment-Case of Bhendi Bazaar,Mumbai
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
Chickpet comes under Bangalore South LS Consituency.
Roots go back to the 16th century. The place is famous for its Silk Saree Shops and ancient Temples
Case Study :Bhendi Bazaar,
While the area is popular, the area struggles with:
old sewage system
lack of proper housing
- refers to the process of reconstruction of the residential/commercial premises by demolition of the existing structure and construction of a new structure. Today the societies are opting to go for redevelopment than repair.
Benefits of Redevelopment
benefits in terms of
as well as
Stopping the spread of deterioration and blight;
and environment of adjacent areas.
New cultural, shopping, and recreation opportunities within the community.
Restoration of community
Project Timeline : ~ 5 years
Saifee Burhani Upliftment Trust (SBUT) has undertaken the project.
Project spread over 16.6 acres
The project comprises 3,200 homes and 1,250 businesses in 250 existing buildings, where 20,000 people are living.
1600 residents already rehabilitated.
Current Status : receives IOD approval
-By Dr. A Ravindra