Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
SOC 222: Religion
Transcript of SOC 222: Religion
Religion has unique content or substance relating to the sacred
that separates it from other forms
of knowledge and belief
Functionalist Definition of Religion
Religion unifies believers into a community through shared practices and a common set of beliefs relative to sacred things
Marx described religion as an “opiate” for the masses
Statement to which members of a particular religion adhere
Practices required or expected of members of a faith
Fishin 4 Religion
Elements beyond everyday life that inspire respect, awe, and even fear
Ordinary elements of everyday life
Rigid adherence to core religious doctrines
Feeling or perception of being in direct contact with ultimate reality or of being overcome with religious emotion