Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Hospitality Club at MEC
Transcript of The Hospitality Club at MEC
Treasurer = Hassam Shakeel
Advisor = Sambhavi Lakshminarayanan The Executive Board The Hospitality Club
at MEC *The Hospitality Club will official be known as the National Society of Minorities in Hospitality of the City University of New York - Medgar Evers College (NSMH - CUNY MEC) Student Chapter
*Preparation to attend the Regional Conference
*Preparation to attend the National Conference
*Attending the Regional Conference
*Attending the National Conference
*Patronizing a local minority-owned Hospitality Business
*Taste of NSMH
*Other events The Hospitality Club Moving Forward (1) Members and officers will become acclimated with each other
(2) The bylaws, the scheduled programs of events and additional information will be distributed
(3) A detailed discussion of the distributed information will occur
(2) Complete registration with MEC
(4) Complete registration with NSMH Agenda for Meeting #2 The National Society of Minorities in Hospitality (NSMH) NSMH is an organization dedicated to the advancement of minority students in the hospitality industry by building and maintaining relationships between hospitality professionals and minority students.
NSMH supervise eighty-one chapters in eighty-one schools in five regions around the country. Objectives
1) To invite owners and employees of Hotels, Restaurants, Cruise Lines, Theme Parks, Transportation, Event Planning and Airlines to the school so they can share their expertise on Career Readiness, Personal Leadership Branding and to provide training for success.
2) To invite recruiters from the Hospitality Industry to the school so they can seek for students as prospective interns or employees.
3) To provide service to the community. Purpose
To introduce the students, the faculty and the community to the Hospitality Industry. The Hospitality Industry “The Hospitality Industry has been growing over the years and it is expected that by 2020, one in every 11 positions will be in hospitality and service.”
--Les Roches International School of Hotel Management The Hospitality Industry *Hotels *Tourism
*Motels *Themes Parks
*Taverns *Bed & Breakfasts
*Cruise Lines *Event Planning
*Catering *Airlines The main objective of the people who make-up the Hospitality Industry is to simply make someone feel as if they are “home away from home” by providing impeccable service.
The Hospitality Industry is segmented into the service industry and it includes many sectors. The Hospitality Industry The National Society of Minorities in Hospitality (NSMH)