Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Psychopathology
RAIZZA FRANCES JAMIE
G. GARCIA What is Filipino Psychopathology? Ano ang konsepto ng luko-luko at baliw sa mga Pilipino? Statistics The Filipino Mental Health ISSUES The Filipino
Psychopathology The words BALIW or LUKO-LUKO has been an overused term in the society today. Many use these words as a form of expression, and say these words openly and without any hesitation. But kabaliwan isn't just a term.... it is a condition when a person fails to recognize his own capabilities in order for him to live a NORMAL LIFE. Filipino psychopathology, or sikopatolohiya in Filipino, from Spanish psicopatologia, is the study of abnormal psychology in the Filipino context. Several 'mental' disorders have been identified that can be found only in the Philippines or in other nations with which Filipinos share racial connections. AMOK
(loses control of himself and goes into a killing frenzy) SCHIZOPHRENIA
(breakdown of thoughts resulting to auditory hallucinations and delusions) ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (difficulties of inattention or hyperactivity and impulsiveness OBSESSIVE-COMPULSIVE DISORDER
(uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry, by repetitive behaviors NOT GUILTY BY REASON OF INSANITY 1. Why does being mentally ill excuse somebody from criminal guilt?
2. How is a jury of regular people qualified to determine whether or not somebody is mentally ill?
3. What level of mental illness constitutes "insanity"?
4. How do you prove somebody is (or was) insane PARENTING AND CHILD REARING IN DEVELOPING A CHILD'S MENTAL HEALTH HOW SHOULD A PARENT TAKE CARE OF A CHILD? HOW CAN THE INFLUENCE IN RELIGION AFFECT THE MENTAL HEALTH OF A PERSON? WHAT IS THE ROLE OF EDUCATION IN MENTAL HEALTH? Up to one in five adult Filipinos have “psychiatric disorders" and more people are developing mental disorders due to “extreme life experiences" Between 17 to 20 percent of the country’s adult population have psychiatric disorders.
About 10 to 15 percent of children aged 5 to 15 are believed to have mental problems. Mental illness is the third most common form of morbidity, or type of disease, after visual and hearing impairments among Filipinos.
-NSO, 2000 88 Filipinos out of every 100,000 population with mental problems.