Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Weathering and Erosion
Transcript of Weathering and Erosion
The process that slowly breaks down natural materials, such as rocks and boulders, into smaller pieces
Weathering can be caused by physical forces or by chemical reactions.
There are three types of weathering.
1) Mechanical Weathering:
Weathering caused by a physical force.
Mechanical Weathering can be caused by ......?
2) Chemical Weathering:
Occurs when there is a chemical reaction between air, water, or another substance and the materials in rocks.
3) Biological Weathering:
Weathering, either chemical or mechanical, caused by living things.
The movement of weathered rock materials from one place to another.
Weathered rock material can be moved in a variety of ways.