Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
FDSCI 101 Day 7 F12
Transcript of FDSCI 101 Day 7 F12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPrlcyEExnI Try this as a link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wAjpMP5eyo here is link as well
Test review question 1
Ethics in science address the idea of:
A. Accurately measuring, analyzing and reporting research.
B. If results are controversial for some groups don't sharing results with them.
C. Submitting results to the peer review process.
D. All the Above.
E. A and C only.
Test review questions 2
'Inform policy' and 'Satisfying curiosity' fit into which section of the Science Flowchart?
A. Exploration and Discovery
B. Testing Ideas
C. Benefits and Outcomes
D. Community Analysis and Feedback
1. Book keeping (HW 3, quiz 4, test 1)
2. Science flow chart ( '1' )
3. Clicker questions / discussion
4. Voodoo Science
Thoughts on our group assignment last time?
Are there similarity and/or application of the 'process of science' to 'finding the 1' ?
What did you learn about the process of science through this exercise?
How does this flow chart fit into your preparation reading for today?
Was there / where was the process of science in the search for cold fusion?
Questions or comments from your reading?
What is the point Einstein is making here?
What is a model?
"Extraordinary claims require Extraordinary proofs" !!!
And the second criterion discussed
Are the results based on:
Reliable / reproducible observations
A. Real Science
B. Voodoo Science
"Olympic Puddle jumper"
A. Real science
B. Voodoo science