Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Public Participation
Outbreak of Influenza A in MSU's mallard duck population behind Administration Building/Red Cedar River! Ducks are dying!
Lead a public participation process with MSU Community to help improve efficacy of disease management on campus
- Avoid shock and shame response
- Follow letter of the law
- Public participation
share info? >> inform
problem id?>> consult
decision support? >> involve
Recommendations? >> collaborate
d-m? >> empower
Define PP tools
Develop PP plan
Type of participation depends on context, objectives, outcomes, and capacity of stakeholders to influence outcomes
* what are the overall results and impacts you hope to achieve?
* how will this engagement process be determined a success?
Identify key stakes
Employ multiple methods to incorporate input
Resist special interests that may influence process
Weigh interests of different stakes
Leverage communication to promote deliberation & understanding
7 Principles of PP
- Timely, expensive, easy to mess up
- Are there limits to what the public has a right to know?
EMPOWER: final d-m in hands of public
COLLABORATE: partner with public in all aspects of d-m
Implications & Application for FW Communication
INVOLVE: work directly with public throughout to ensure concerns are considered
CONSULT: obtain feedback
INFORM: build public understanding