Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Grooming for managers
Transcript of Grooming for managers
- Explain the importance of good
grooming while you are on shift
- Describe how to put these standards in place with your team when back at work in accordance with
Soho House & Co handbook.
- It will save you time
- Your team will come to work well groomed/ prepared because they know you are checking
- You will be happier & feel more confident
- You will be noticed by your managers/ directors
Why do we wear an uniform?
- For practicality
- To be recognised by our customers
- For health & safety reasons
- For aesthetics
- For formality
- For hierarchy
Why do you think it is important
to be well groomed?
- Feel happier
- Hygiene, look fresh & clean
- Avoid any stress when you arrive for your shift
- Positive feedback from customer
- You will get noticed by your manager
- To represent our brand: Soho House & Co
- Put on some deodorant, light perfume
- Keep your hair/ facial hair clean and tidy
- Keep your hands & nails clean to a high standard
Our standards are:
- Wash & dry your hands before your shift and frequently
- Look clean & fresh
- Trousers should be ironed & cleaned
- Shirts should be cleaned, ironed & tucked away
- Remove jewellery apart from sleeper earrings &
- Tasteful light & natural make up
- Food handlers must have clean & short nails, no varnish, no fake nails or art work
- Hair & facial hair clean & tidy/ well kept
- Smokers: wash your hands after a smoke: have a mint!
- And finally don't forget your equipment: pens,
waiter's friend, pads etc.
How do I look today??
Time to play.......
yes / no
yes / no
yes / no
- Wear light and tasteful make up
- Wear clean & ironed shirt/ trousers/
How can I look my best?
yes / no
yes / no
- Closed shoes, non-slip soles, polished to a high standard
Good grooming means practicing good hygiene techniques.
Good grooming includes showering and having neat hair and clean, trimmed fingernails.
When should you check your team is well groomed?
- check when they arrive for their shift
- at briefing before service
- Lead by example,
your team will respect you
- Identify how to check your team is following the grooming standards
How do you check?
- at briefing:
shirt is clean/ ironed
trousers are cleaned & ironed
hands/ nails/ hair
- check after their break, check the smokers
- when they arrive, say hello, how are you today? and have a quick look how they look!
- after their break
you should ask them if they have washed their hands, refresh themselves
check that the smokers had a mint or even bite a slice of lemon
- Set the example
How do you tell someone
they need to refresh?
- take them in a quiet corner
- explain that it has been noticed that their hygiene
is not up to standard
- offer them a bottle of deodorant
- offer them a mint, toothbrush, toothpaste
- put a mirror in the staff room & have a kit available with toothpaste, mint, deodorant