Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
THE GROWTH OF CITIES
Transcript of THE GROWTH OF CITIES
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
The rapid growth of the cities made them invade the surrounding rural areas until they connect with other urban areas.
This process is called urban agglomeration and we can distinguish four main types:
Formed by the growth of a main city, called metropoli, that connects with nearby smaller cities.
Examples: London, Paris, Madrid.
Population centres with high population density.
High and diversified building.
Industrial and services economic activities.
Influence over the surrounding territory because its political-administrative, economic and cultural functions.
characteristics of cities
The joining of of two or more cities of similar importance.
It's formed by the growth of several cities in a region that don't arrive to join.
Example: the Ruhr area in Germany.
It's formed by a succession of cities and urban agglomerations that exceeds the region, for hundreds of kilometers.
Example: Boston-Washington in the East coast of USA or Tokio-Fukuoka in Japan.