Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Citadel Success Institute, Career Planning, Summer 2015
Transcript of The Citadel Success Institute, Career Planning, Summer 2015
The Citadel Career Center
VIPS and Career Choices
COME SEE US or WE WILL COME TO YOU!
Brent Stewart, Director
Who are we?
Where are we?
Just outside of Hagood Gate (Sophomore Gate) on the way to the stadium!
"Opportunity looks a lot like hard work." -Ashton Kutcher
What makes a goal a GOOD goal?
Realistic and Timely
Pick a goal that will move you to your next goal.
Visit my instructor during office hours or after class.
Create an assignment calendar to meet due dates.
Visit the Academic Support Center and The Career Center at least once in my 1st semester!
SPECIFIC & MEASURABLE
"I will survive my knob year."
Topics for Today:
1. The Career Center - Where and who are we?
2. What are V.I.P.S. and how do you figure out if you have V.I.P.S.?
3. Goal Setting - 3 ACHIEVABLE GOALS is a good start?
4. What do you need to do and know at the end of this presentation?
is The Citadel Career Center's software program to help you identify your VIPS.
You will need this information to complete
an assignment. Directions are in Page 8 pf your Cit101 Manuel
You will have to create 3 achievable goals
as part of your CSI 101 Lab assignment.
Identifying and considering your V.I.P.S. will help you determine good options.
Options will help you make wise choices.
Wise choices make for a more successful (and happy) career plan.
What are V.I.P.S.?
As a student you will search for environments where you can use use your skills and abilities and express your values and attitude.
People who choose to work in an environment similar to their personality type are more likely to be successful and satisfied.
This information can help you:
1. Explore Career Options.
2. Determine if your major if a good fit.
3. Think about what you need to do to get where you want to go!
So you can get -
Do you know someone who is unhappy in his/her job? Why is he/she unhappy?
I will be a good student this year.
I will own my own business one day.
I will join the Supply Chain and Logistics Club and Toastmasters to improve my public speaking skills and to be more informed on how to start my own business one day.
I will use my free time wisely by going to the library, ACS, or Career Center!
What do I need to do right now?
Follow the instructions on Page 8 in your Cit101 Manual.
1. Visit The Citadel Career Center Website (or your Lesesne Gateway Account).
2. Find the
RED SIGI3 LOGO
3. Create an account using the ID: "
" and your Lesesne gateway ID for a password.
4. Click "
5. Answer the questions in each section. Don't overthink it.
6. Be sure you can log back in to your account to retrieve your information.
Assoc. Director, Career Education & Outreach
Jennifer Wells, Assoc. Director,
Technology & Operations
KNOW WHERE YOUR DEGREE WILL TAKE YOU...
set your expectations accordingly -
Average salary (all majors, bachelor’s degree):
* Source NACE (Class of 2013 Student Survey Report)
The results will look like this after you have completed the assignment:
Sample of the Cit101 Taskstream Assignment
Time for you to talk
Make good eye contact
Give a firm handshake
Tell me a word that describes you!
Employer Relations Coordinator
Jenna McAllon, GA
McKenzie Engram, GA
We are located BEHIND Capers Hall out of the side gate, but YOU CAN COME TO US! No upperclassmen should EVER tell you otherwise. If they do, remember their name!