Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Solving Addition Equations (algebra)
Transcript of Solving Addition Equations (algebra)
2. Whisper to your neighbor, "You are brilliant!"
3. On a piece of paper, write a sentence about what you learned yesterday in math. What will you know by the end of class today? You will know how to solve algebraic addition equations. A Treasure Hunt Solving an algebraic addition equation finding the value of a certain variable.
So.....it's kind of like a treasure hunt.
We are going on a little treasure hunt to help us solve an addition equation to find what "x" means. x + 3 = 5 There it is! x + 3 = 5 So, pretend that the numbers are objects. X + = - You get "x" by itself when you subtract the constant from the equation. x + 3 = 5 x + = - - Subtract the constant from the opposite side of the equation, too!!! x + 3 = 5 -3 -3 2 x = 2 x + 3 = 5 x = 2 2 + 3 = 5 5 = 5 you found the right treasure!!! Let's Practice!!! Get out your white board and markers. Solve the problems and touch your nose when you are finished. Wait for me to tell you to raise your board. 6 + y = 10 7 + p = 23 x + 18 = 60 t + 21 = 30 11 + a = 100 We are going to play around the world, when you get the ball you have to say one thing you learned today or something that still confuses you. Questions you still have: