Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Covalent Bonding
Both are nonmetals Example You can use this table to find the difference of electronegativity and determine whether the bond is covalent or ionic.
If the difference in the electronegativity values is 1.8 or below, the bond is covalent. To determine if fluorine and iodine have a covalent bond, you find the electronegativity given in the previous picture.
Fluorine (F) has the electronegativity of 3.98 and iodine (I) has 2.66.
Therefore the bond between F and I is covalent.
Oxygen with an electronegativity value of 3.44 while vanadium has 1.63.
Therefore the bond of oxygen and vanadium is not covalent because the difference of the electronegativities is about 1.8. Example Example of a Lewis Structure Showing Electron Sharing Hydrogen each give one electron to share between the two.