Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Polar Cimate
Northern Alaska, Canada, and Russia
The polar climate is the coldest climate region, and includes the ice cap and tundra climates.
Average Temperatures always below freezing
Polar Regions and Changing Climate
Lichens and a few low plants grow on the rocks.
Permanently frozen tundra soil.
Intense cold makes air dry.
Some polar regions receive less than 10 inches of precipitation each year.
Who lives in the polar climates?
Where do penguins live?
Penguins do not live in the Arctic! Despite what many people think, penguins live almost exclusively in the southern hemisphere, from the equator to Antarctica.
Why is a Polar Bear considered a marine mammal?
Polar Bears are the only bear species to be considered marine mammals. They are excellent swimmers with streamlined bodies and tiny webs between their forepaws to help propel them through the water.
Which bird has the longest migration?
The arctic tern spends the northern summer in the Arctic and the southern summer in the Antarctic.
What do polar bears eat?
A polar bear's favorite meal is seal.