Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Transcontinental Railroad
Transcript of The Transcontinental Railroad
Attracting new immigrants & settlers
Railroad companies sold thousands of acres of land to settlers along tracks to fund the building of the Railroad
This fostered TRADE and ECONOMIC Growth! How?
Railroad tracks that connect the WEST to the EAST.
That's RIGHT! The transportation of the agricultural products from the WEST and the Farmers to markets.
"Cash Crops" - Corn & Wheat
Cattle and Hogs
Major Industries Developed: Flour milling and meat processing.
What is it?
Tunnels dug through mountains
Coal burning engines, needed more fuel, so more mining
- Factory Smoke
- Processing Plant Waste