Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
All about the Dachshund
Transcript of All about the Dachshund
Table of contents
Species: lupus familiaris
It usually is a pet. So, it would either live outside, probably in a doghouse, or inside the house. I have been researching and I do know they originate from Germany.
I guess you can say they eat dog food! You should make sure on the container has written 100% complete so it has all the nutrients they need.
The enemies of a dachshund are usually bigger animals if alone. Usually, it doesn't hurt other animals unless felt threatened.
The protection these dogs give are priceless. They would sacrifice themselves for their owners. Watch a video at http://7online.com/pets/florida-dog-gets-hurt-protecting-owner-from-bear-/406817/
All about the Dachshund
4. Biome (Habitat)
5. Anatomy (Body appearance)
7. Reproduction (Lifecycle)
10. Range (Where it lives)
11. Is it Endangered?
12. Interesting Facts
The dachshund is a short legged, long-bodied breed. They can be the mini and standard dachshund. They can also be smooth, wired, or long haired dachshund. They can have different eye colors, like we do.
First, a puppy is born. It is blind and deaf at birth. It is weaned after eight weeks. It matures in 6 months and grow full size around 7 months though, it keeps growing for 18 months. It is long-lived, with an average life span of 12-14 years.
Range (Where they live)
Obviously, they live with humans like us. Unless, of course their owner abandons them. Then, they'll have to wait at the animal shelter for a new owner and home.
Is it Endangered?
The Dachshund is a human friendly dog. It is not endangered.
1. The Dachshund breed was created to hunt badgers.
2. Dachshunds are the smallest dog breed used for hunting
3. Dachshunds were to Queen Victoria what corgis is to Queen Elizabeth II
I hope you enjoyed!