Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Form and Function
Transcript of Form and Function
1) Choose one of the following: A closet,
A green bin, an outdoor learning space.
How can these be improved using universal
design? Draw a sketch and explain.
2) Find a symmetrical and asymmetrical
structure. Evaluate both in terms of aesthetics
3) Evaluate a school desk or computer station.
What recommendations would you make to
improve the station.
Activities to Try
-The shape of an object helps us identify it
-Symmetry is seen in nature and is considered to be aesthetically pleasing
-Symmetry - an exact reflection on opposite sides of a line
dividing an object in half
-Line of Symmetry- A line that divides an object in half
-Aesthetics- the concept of how visually attractive something
An arrangement of the components of a structure
resulting in the most user friendly product
Not only is symmetry attractive, it also can make structures more stable since load is distributed evenly
The science of using knowledge of human characteristics
to design structures and systems that are comfortable, safe
Small changes can make a big difference in ergonomics
The form of a structure is dependent on its function