Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of POSTMODERNISM
From Past to Present
• Multi-generic form: action, gangster genre, romanticism, tragedy, parody;
High or Low Culture?
Appears to be a better life
Mansions - art
The Culture of Simulacrum
Grand Theft Auto V
The cannibalization of styles from past and present
The loss of authentic artistic style in favor of pastiche
The breakdown of a firm distinction between high and low culture
The culture of the simulacrum or copy (for which no original existed)
The fashion for nostalgia in which history is the object not of representation but of stylistic connotation
The transcending of the capacities of the individual to locate him - or herself perceptually or cognitively in a postmodern hyperspace.
The Postmodern World: Late Capitalism
Fewer white population
Social Media: Pop Culture
iFruit - Apple
Sprunk - Sprite
• Politics of difference and diversity embodied by Michael, Franklin, and Trevor;
• Game of self-construction of multiple identities;
• The voice of the "other."
• Collapse of the distinction between high and low culture.
Los Santos vs. Los Angeles
• Loss of faith in science and religion;
• Loss of morality;
• Destruction processes.
A world without consequence
Weakening of historical understanding
Genuine Historical Knowledge
Kant: "Something you can imagine or believe intellectually, but can't represent. ex ∞
Causes us to feel
Best Art: "cognitive mapping..."
History is the object not of representation but of stylistic connotation
An image or representation of someone or something.
Photo Source: All Games Beta
Loss of Historicity
Leads to a breakdown of signifiers