Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Sense Presentation- Touch
Transcript of Sense Presentation- Touch
3. Hypodermis Touch is one of the most important and interesting out of the five senses. This sense is much more elaborate than our other four senses because it is found all over the body. The sense of touch never "turns off" or takes a break, and it continues working after the other senses fail from old age. Four Basic Skin Sensations Warmth
Pressure Somatosensory (Sensory) Cortex Touch *positive touch from others is necessary for an individual's healthy development The Epidermis is the outermost protective shield of the skin
The Dermis is the middle layer and where most sensations are found (contains hair follicles and sweat glands)
The Hypodermis is the furthest from the skin's surface (mostly made up of fat) The somatosensory cortex is found right behind your motor cortex and in front of your parietal lobes Feeling Pain The feeling of pain happens
to protect you. Hot, Warm, Cold
experiment Why did this happen? When ice-cold water passes through, and comfortably warm water passes through another, we perceive the combined sensation as burning hot Four Basic Skin Sensations (cont'd) Feeling Cold The feeling of pain helps you survive
the differences in environment. Feeling Warmth The feeling of warmth is caused by nerve endings that detect temperature. Feeling Pressure Pressure is interlinked with pain and if there is too much pressure, pain may be felt. Phantom Limb Sensation The phantom limb sensation is the abnormal sensation
in which and amputee might feel pain or existence in an amputated limb. Gate Control Theory Pain Video Experiment Body Sensitivity Clip The Lamaze Method The Lamaze Method is a well-known method of preparing for labor, inducing the least pain as possible. The gate control theory states that the spinal cord contains "gates" that control the entrance of pain impulses to the brain. Acupuncture Acupuncture is the insertion of small, thin needles into specific points in your body to re-balance the flow of energy. By: Seema, Monika, Chris, and Reyvin The End