Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Kolb Presentation
Kolb's Learning Cycle
Kolb's Learning Styles
Who is David Kolb (1939 - )?
1) Boyatzis, R. E., Kolb, D. A., & Mainemelis, C. (1999).Experiential Learning Theory: Previous Research and New Directions. Informally published manuscript, Organizational Behavior, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, Retrieved from http://www.d.umn.edu/~kgilbert/educ5165-731/Readings/experiential-learning-theory.pdf
2) Cameron, E., & Green, M. (2012). Making Sense of Change Management. (3rd ed., pp. 19-20). New Delhi, India: Kogan Page.
3) Chapman, A. (2013). Kolb's Learning Styles, Experiential Learning Theory, Kolb's Learning Styles Inventory and Diagram. Retrieved from http://www.businessballs.com/kolblearningstyles.htm
4) CWRU. (2013). David Kolb, PhD at Weatherhead School of Management. Retrieved from http://weatherhead.case.edu/executive-education/instructors/David-Kolb.cfm
5) HKUSPACE. (2013). Part 4 (The Kolb Learning Cycle)[Web]. Retrieved from http://yootu.be/UEHZB0Ap5Dc
6) Kolb, A. Y., & Kolb, D. A. (2008). Experiential Learning Theory: A Dynamic, Holistic Approach to Management Learning, Education and Development. Handbook of Management Learning, Education and Development, Retrieved from http://learningfromexperience.com/media/2010/08/ELT-Hbk-MLED-LFE-website-2-10-08.pdf
7) McLeod, S. (2013). Kolb's Learning Styles and Experiential Learning Cycle - Simply Psychology. Retrieved from http://www.simplypsychology.org/learning-kolb.html
8) Petkus, E. (2000). A Theoretical and Practical Framework for Service-Learning in Marketing: Kolb’s Experiential Learning Cycle. Journal of Marketing Education, 22 (1), 64-70. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/204431356?accountid=11648
9) Smith, M. (2010). David A. Kolb on Experiential Learning. Retrieved from http://infed.org/mobi/david-a-kolb-on-experiential-learning/
Stage Two: Reviewing/Reflecting on the Experience
Learning from the Experience
Trying Out What You've Learned
"Learning is the process whereby knowledge is created through the transformation of experience."
- David Kolb
Feel and Do
Think and Watch
Feel and Watch
Think and Do
Are you dizzy yet?
BA, Knox College - 1961
MA, Harvard - 1964
PhD, Harvard - 1967
Work is steeped in theories by Rogers, Jung and Piaget
Codified Learning Styles & Cycle Theory in 1984 in Experiential Learning: Experience as the Source of Learning and Development
Currently: Professor of Organizational Behavior -
Weatherhead School of Management
Case Western Reserve University
Sources: 7, 9
Sources: 3, 4, 9
Sources: 1, 2, 5, 7, 8
Sources: 6, 9