Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
History on Computers
Transcript of History on Computers
Abacus which was invented
in 500BC,it was used for
calculations. 1st generation computers:
The first generation computers were very large and used up a lot of electricity and heated up a lot which caused them to break down. They used old vacume tubes to store information, and used magnetic drums to store memory.
2nd generation computers:
The 2nd generation computers were smaller and more efficient and used a transistor instead of old vacume tubes, and had programmed languages.
3rd generation computer:
3rd generarion computers were alot smaller and had mini transistors and chips.
What is a computer?
A computer is a machine that manipulates data according to a set of instructions. Computers help us with:
Entertainment Technology thats linked to computers:
phones Ideas on the future for computers:
smaller, better education, inplants, converging, robots/robot dogs, smart fridge, talking to the computer, in the car. Did you know????
The first use of the word "computer" was recorded in 1613, referring to a person who carried out calculations, or computations.