Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Taxonomy
I CAN describe how organisms are classified and named.
I CAN use a dichotomous key to identify foreign objects or organisms.
is a named group of organisms (plural: taxa) They range from having
a key for the
of organisms based on a series of
between alternative characters.
is a discipline of biology primarily concerned with
species based on natural relationships.
is a method of
organisms that gives each species a scientific name that has
or specific name
Basic unit of classification, specific to each organism.
is made up of one or more related
or division contains related
is defined as a group of
that are closely
and share a
is the broadest of all taxa and contains one or more
1. Work in pairs to identify the organisms.
2. Be sure to write the species name in the correct format, according to binomial nomenclature rules.
Answer the following question in 2-3 complete sentences.
What characteristic do domestic cats and lions share share that separates them from the other animals? Which organisms have cheek teeth for eating meat?
How is the use of a dichotomous key related to the classification of species?