Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Emily Rankin's Prezi Resume
Transcript of Emily Rankin's Prezi Resume
Have worked with staff, administrators and students from every walk of life. Genuinely enjoy collaboration, from aligning standards across English departments to writing grants with a Development Committee to setting school-wide academic goals, and so much more. Colleagues will attest I have zeal for communication and teamwork.
Leader. Teacher. Child Advocate.
Phone: +420 730 657 225
* Led North High School through its first IB examination session and curriculum review since authorization
Emily S. Rankin
Apple and Microsoft systems; Google Suites; iPads; Promethean boards; blogging; podcasting; etc.
Head of English (2014-current); Head of Drama 2013-current); Head of Guidance Counseling (2013-current); International Baccalaureate coordinator (2012-13); Instructional Leadership Team appointee (2012-13); High School liaison to School Improvement Committee (2010-11); teacher-in-training mentor (2007-2011); testing coordinator (2012-current); grade 11 director (2010-12); Peacebuilders facilitator (2008-12); Head of Personal, Social and Moral Education (2007-8)
Have directed over 20 plays; led many homerooms; advised numerous student newspapers and literary journals; coached volleyball and basketball; planned and facilitated numerous trips; etc.
Minnesota State Reading Assessment Advisory Panel (2013); IB Curriculum Coordinator (2012-13); Professional Learning Community [PLC] member (2009-current); PLC target-writing presenter (2013); curriculum mapper (2008-12)
"Ms. Rankin is a consummate professional and a highly valued colleague amongst her team and our learning community."
"Students seek her out and she never fails to make each one feel valued and brimming with potential... her interest in people is genuine."
Mr. Tim McGowan, Secondary Principal, Community of Peace Academy:
Mr. Peter DeVoil, former Headmaster of the English College in Prague:
"I recommend her without reservation. Any school in a position to employ Emily will be very fortunate indeed."
Ms. Anna Knaeble, Assistant Principal, North Community High School Senior Academy
Mr. Jeremy Waite, former Head of English of the English College in Prague:
Community of Peace Academy Grade 11 Team
Co-directors of Shakespeare's "The Tempest" at the English College in Prague
Initiated partnership with WCCO News in Minneapolis to provide media education for Community of Peace Academy students
First-Years' camping trip to Mala Skala woods, Czech Republic
Center for School Change's Leadership Tour of 90/90/90 schools in Houston, TX
Teaching blog, 2009-12
School-wide ACT test planning team, North High School
* Outperformed Q-Comp department and individual goals every year at Community of Peace Academy (CPA)
* Built Drama departments and programs at three schools from nothing, producing one-acts, musicals, a state spoken word championship, Theater of the Oppressed gigs, etc.
* Helped implement North High Senior Academy's first Professional Learning Communities
* Raised thousands in donations and in-kind gifts for CPA
* Improved IGCSE and IB scores yearly across the English and Drama Departments at Riverside School Prague; 2015 students were 100% A-C: IGCSE English, 100% A-B: IGSCE Drama, 100% 5-7: IB English
* Improved ninth-grade Minnesota GRAD writing scores by double-digit percentages, achieving highest writing test pass rate ever in the school
* Increased students' NWEA MAP reading scores by multiple grade levels every year I taught in the United States, outperforming projections each time
References available upon request.
I look forward to hearing from you at:
+420 730 657 225
Additional media presence:
Mr. Rob White, Middle School Principal, Community of Peace Academy
"I have no doubt that Ms. Rankin will be an asset to any school lucky enough to hire her; she will contribute not only to the education of the students, but also to the positive culture of the whole school."
Personal Statement of Philosophy of Education
"Ms. Rankin has become a true leader among her colleagues. She remains positive and upbeat, even during difficult situations... Her focus on solutions has helped other staff members shift their thinking."
Levina Vang, former student
"Ms. Rankin, I'm glad you pushed me and my classmates to accomplish so much. Thank you for helping me when I needed it most."
I have wide and varied experience in middle management and hold a Principal's license and an Ed.S. degree.