Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Copy of Operation: STROKE A FURRY WALLLLL!!!!!
Transcript of Copy of Copy of Operation: STROKE A FURRY WALLLLL!!!!!
to first work out the questions that
would aid us in our problem solving.
Here are our questions.
What is the radius of Ming's head?
How do you find the surface area of a sphere?
What is the percentage of hair that does not cover Ming's head?
How many hairs are in 1cm ? Main Topics 3 We had many ideas; here were
our 2 main ones.
Finding the weight of a single
hair then shaving someone's head
and dividing it by the weight of the single hair.
By guessing that Ming's head was an approxiamate sphere we could find the surface area of his head by calculating the surface area of a sphere, then multiply the number of hairs in 1cm by the surface area of Ming's head covered by hair. 4 In detail, this is exactly how we calculated the number of hairs on the human head. 5 OUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED By using our simple method we were able to successfully calculate the number of hairs on the human head. By answering our questions we came up with the number 39201 hairs became the answer to our problem. 2 2 2 1. We found the surface area of Ming's head.
2. We found the amount of hairs in 1cm.
3. We then multiplied the number of hairs in each cm by the surface area of Ming's head covered by hair. Don't get how we found the surface area? Go to youtube and search 'how to find the surface area of a sphere'. To find the surface area of a sphere;4 Pi(3.14) x radius, in Ming's case the radius equals 85.38cm. Therefore the surface area is 1073cm. The radius of Ming's head is 9.24cm.
The percentage of Ming's head not covered by hair is approximately 50%.
There are approximately 73 hairs in 1cm. We each had an individual estimation of how many hairs were in 1cm. We then averaged out our answers to get the number of hairs in 1cm, which is equal to 73 hairs. This equation equals 73 x
half the surface area of Ming's head which is equal to 537cm. Basically this is 73 x 537. THE M&M's Here are videos and a photo of the people in the M&M's. Roshan Naomi Declan Jacob & Ming Lachlan Group Photos The End THE EHD naomi Roshan Rosie Declan Jacob Lachlan Mingxiao This Prezi was brought to you by
and Naomi Johnson Roshan Richardson 1. 2. 3. 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 milly THE MATHS SONG