Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Christmas
Christmas is celebrated in many countries, and it is a great holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus. It is also a time when family and friends exchange gifts and have a feast honoring the birth of Jesus.
Germans where the first to put up actual Christmas trees and invented the artificial Christmas tree.
The idea of putting up trees here in the U.S. came from the Germans when they immigrated from Germany to the U.S. Here in America, we also have many traditional songs like "O Holy Night," and "Jingle Bells."
Here in America, the children believe in Santa Claus, a fat, jolly man dressed in a red suit who comes down the chimney and delivers presents to all of the good little girls and boys.
St. Nicholas day is a celebration where kids put there shoes outside and St. Nicholas (the german version of Santa) fills them with candy and other treats.
Advent is the celebration of the Sundays leading up to the day of Jesus' birth. There are 4 Sundays of Advent and a prayer and an excerpt from the bible is read on each Sunday.
St. Nicholas Day and Advent