Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Unit 04- Fitness Training and Programming
Transcript of Copy of Unit 04- Fitness Training and Programming
Periodisation- Most athletes use a training programme based on a structured cycle.
Periodisation and your 6 week training programme!
Your 6 week training programme is your macrocycle.
Principles of Training
- Training must meet the needs of the sporting activity.
- Training must meet the needs of the athlete.
- Training must reflect on the SMART goals set.
Unit 04- Fitness Training and Programming
- Learners will understand what periodisation means with reference to macrocycle, mesocycle and microcycle.
- Learners will understand the importance of incorporating the principles of training into their training programmes.
1-4 year training cycle. The aim of a macrocycle is to ensure the athlete is hitting peak performance before an event.
- Get In pairs.
- How long do you think an athlete training for the Olympics macrocycle will be?
- How long do you think a footballers macrocycle will be?
Last between 1-6months. Main method of controlling work to rest ratio.
Last for 1 week. Shows the details of FITT training.
How many mesocycles will you have in your training programme?
How many microcycles will you have in your training programme?
Why may preiodisation benefit an athlete?
Type (Vary the methods of training used!)
- Start slowly and gradually increase the amount of exercise you carry out.
- 'If things don't change they will stay the same.'
- Do not increase the amount of exercise too soon. Why is this?
- Fitness can only be improved by training more than you usually do.
- Work Hard!
- Do not settle with letting your body adjust to a work out. Continue to push yourself.
- When applying the principle of overload, what factors do you need to consider?
- Any adaptations that take places as a result of training will be reversed if you stop.
- If you take a long break or do not train often enough you will lose fitness.
- Vary your training in order to keep you interested. How may you do this?
- Varrying your training will give your body different challenges.
- This could be playing a different sports which will keep your fitness up, but stimulate fun.
Objective: Safe and appropriate personal training of your client.
P4 - Monitor performance against goals during six week programme
- Name of the equipment
- Area of the body trained
- Muscles used
- Explain the equipment
Can you name safety aspects?
The importance of a Personal trainer?
Where your up to and what we have done: Week 5
4 weeks of following your fitness programme.