Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Service Learning
- About 25% of homeless are mentally ill
- The growth of the homeless has far exceeded the capacity of charitable groups
- Hunger is mostly caused by:lack of affordable housing, poverty, low-paying jobs and domestic violence. Facts On Homelessness The Issue Our Accomplishments Cupcake Fundraiser Care Packages (Stopping Hunger Is Possible) -1 in 6 people in America face hunger
- Food insecurity exists in every state in America
- In the U.S, hunger isn't caused by a lack of food, but rather continued prevalence of poverty.
- 40% of food is thrown out in the U.S every year Next Steps - In order for there to be a change their must be a purpose, that everyone can agree on and I hope you agree with us. - A lot of people are unaware of the suffering that comes from this issue. Soup Kitchen Next Steps Citing Our Sources Feeding America; http://feedingamerica.org/hunger-in-america/hunger-facts.aspx
Action Against Hunger; http://ww.aah-usa.org/hunger/global-malnutrition
World Food Problems; http://www.wfp.org/hunger/what-is
Do Something.org; http://www.dosomething.org/tipsandtools/11-facts-about-hunger-us
Coalition for the Homeless; http://www.coalitionforthehomeless.org/pages/basic-facts Next Steps Toothbrush Packages Our Experiences Hygiene Packages - Continue to volunteer at the soup kitchen - Get the whole community involved - Car Wash Fundraiser - Partner with more organizations - Continue to spread awareness Alternatives and Support Special Thanks To: South Bay Community Services Rosemary, Monica, and Mrs. Mariscal