Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Friday, November 21
Transcript of Friday, November 21
2014 - A day
Read silently for 15 minutes. Put your 100 BC log on your desk if you'd like me to sign for this reading.
You will receive a challenge. Don't turn it over until you are told to do so. It will be timed.
You did great yesterday! Let's try another exercise. Turn to page two in your packet.
Music Video Friday
There are two videos.
Which is best?
Literary Analysis and the SIFT method...
Today we'll begin another Literary Analysis essay. In this essay, we will compare how the theme is developed in two songs with a similar topic-- being an astronaut. First, we'll learn about the SIFT approach to lit. analysis. Then, we'll "sift" through the lyrics to the two songs and listen to them. We'll use a graphic organizer to gather evidence and arrive at a theme for each song. Then, we'll talk about what the author did to communicate that theme. Finally, we'll put all that planning to use and write the essay! Don't worry. We'll have Monday to work, too.