Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Why Prayer Matters?
Transcript of Why Prayer Matters?
The Meaning Behind Prayer:
Prayer may not change things, but it changes us.
The intent of prayer is an internal conversation with the higher power.
Also, can become a way to be spiritual and/or reach enlightenment.
Afterlife or reincarnation?
Why Pray at All?
- Psalms 44:21; Matthew 6:8; John 3:20
shows that God has all knowledge
- John 4:2; Prayer won't make God love us
- Does not change the outside world in
what is perceived
What is Prayer?
- A solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to a God or object of worship.
- Used in many different religions for different reasons
- Examples: Lord's Prayer; 5 Pillars
of Islam; & Hail Mary
How Prayer Influences Perception?
- Based on our religion/worldview will determine how we view prayer.
- Is prayer required in order to be religious?
- Prayer involves petitions that may portray if prayer works.
3. The Sacred Quest by Lawrence
Cunningham & John Kelsay
5 Ways Prayers can be look at:
1. Guilt - need to pray more
2. Anxiety - prayer in public
3. Scorn - rejection of use
4. Befuddlement - not understanding it
5. Blessings - experiences with prayer
By: Thomas Nguyen-Le