Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Lesson 24: Comparing and contrasting key scenes in both texts (3 of 3)
Transcript of Lesson 24: Comparing and contrasting key scenes in both texts (3 of 3)
I can analyse key scenes in both texts, using events, quotes, genre and style features, and historical context features as evidence.
Entry activity: Quizlet races for metalanguage in
Into the Wild
1. Go to quizlet.live
2. Put in the game code
3. Create a username
4. Let's play.
Key scenes for comparison
- Tracks, pp. 192-93: ‘Changing to this view…language of mysticism’.
- Into the Wild, (McCandless walking into the Alaskan wilderness).
1. We will read the brief summaries of the two key scenes.
2. We will then watch the scene of McCandless walking into the wild.
3. We will then discuss the following questions:
How does each text represent their respective environments to the reader/viewer?
What metaphorical meanings are produced by the specific nature of these landscapes?
How are the characters of Davidson and McCandless changed by their contact with the desert and Alaskan wilderness?
***Watch scene of Chris walking into the wild