Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Recruitment, selection and training IGCSE
Transcript of Recruitment, selection and training IGCSE
Methods of recruiting and selecting workers
1. Defining the job role
2. Job description
3. Person specification
4. Internal or External
Defining Job role
Human Resources department in a business organisation when define a
for a job position, firstly need to define the description for that opened position.
Job description involves all the tasks and terms necessary for that particular position.
Person specification provides a description of the skills and abilities that the successful candidate will need in order to perform well in the role.
The person specification is a description of the qualifications, skills, experience, knowledge and other attributes (selection criteria) which a candidate must possess to perform the job duties.
The specification should be derived from the job description and forms the foundation for the recruitment process.
Part time and full time
- employee becomes more familiar with the position
- more loyalty from the employee
- goodwill from the employee,working extra hours
- lower costs for employees
- flexibility in employee usage when needed
- less time on work - more productive
- many benefits to employees
- holidays, sick pays and leaves
- working weekends even
- large number of training
- less loyal staff
- less commitment to firm from the employees
- less rights to employees
Internal or External Recruitment
- Internal advertisment
- Job centers
- media advertising
- visiting universities
- recruitment agencies
Recruitment has many factors that influence it:
- size of the firm
- type of the position
- number of positions
- Aptitude tests = IQ tests
- Psychometric tests = numerical ability, speed, witting and comprehension
- Assessment centers - part time activation of the worker prior to full engagement
Employment contracts relate to part time or full time employment.
Every business creates its own employment contracts to reflect its rules and regulations.
Employment contracts need to reflect to the current
Class selects five to six potential employees and five to six members of the board to represent the business. Number varies from number of students present.
Potential employees will receive example CV's for different profiles, they need to read them (individually everyone takes one copy) and memorize key personality and skills.
While potential employees read their CV's and prepare, members of the board prepare a scheme of open job positions and the requirements for each of them in form of questions. Teacher will provide a selection of vacancies to the members.
Employees, one by one come in front of the board where members ask them questions about the position, questions need to reflect the position for which employee applies.