Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Ursuline Nuns
Transcript of The Ursuline Nuns
from? They came from France. Why did they come to New France? They came to New France to spread the Roman Catholic faith. What role did they play? They founded a convent, a school for girls, a hospital, a Catholic settlement, and homes. Jeanne Mance established
a hospital 1642 1639 Marie de la Peltrie help found
the Ursuline convent. Marie de la Peltrie & Paul de Maisonneuve
establish a Catholic settlement 1653 Marguerite Bourgeoys:
-arrived in New France
-set a school
-cared for the poor & sick
-gave young French women a home
-helped young French women find suitable husbands Who were they? Marie Guyart saw visions from God. Jeanne Mance was New France's first nurse. Marie de la Peltrie was a rich woman who became a nun and donated money to help build New France. Marguerite Bourgeoys founded the first school in New France.