Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Canto I- The Dark Wood of Error
Transcript of Canto I- The Dark Wood of Error
As soon as he tries to climb the Mount of Joy, he is thwarted by two beasts: The Leopard of Malice and Fraud and the She-Wolf of Incontinence. They drive him back towards the Wood of Error.
The Mount of Joy
He sees a hill in the distance: The Mount of Joy. He wants to go there! There is happiness and goodness!
The Way out
The Mid-Life Crisis
Dante is 35 years old. He has been exiled in real life and is most likely depressed and searching for meaning in life. He imagines himself in a dark wood, which symbolizes sin.
"Midway in our life's journey, I went astray/ from the straight road and woke to find myself/alone in a dark wood." (1-3)
It is the Easter season which symbolizes resurrection and rebirth, as Dante is about to experience first-hand...