Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Canto I- The Dark Wood of Error
Transcript of Canto I- The Dark Wood of Error
As soon as he tries to climb the Mount of Joy, he is thwarted by two beasts: The Leopard of Malice and Fraud and the She-Wolf of Incontinence. They drive him back towards the Wood of Error.
The Mount of Joy
He sees a hill in the distance: The Mount of Joy. He wants to go there! There is happiness and goodness!
The Way out
The Mid-Life Crisis
Dante is 35 years old. He has been exiled in real life and is most likely depressed and searching for meaning in life. He imagines himself in a dark wood, which symbolizes sin.
"Midway in our life's journey, I went astray/ from the straight road and woke to find myself/alone in a dark wood." (1-3)
It is the Easter season which symbolizes resurrection and rebirth, as Dante is about to experience first-hand...