Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Criticisms of Inquiry-Based Learning
Transcript of Criticisms of Inquiry-Based Learning
Students can become lost and frustrated
Confusion can lead to misconceptions, because nobody is available to correct them
Because of this, inquiry-based learning often takes longer than guided learning
Not concerned enough about the way people think
Ignores the connections between short- and long-term learning
Causes a great cognitive load on the student
Not enough research backs inquiry-based learning
Especially difficult for "novice" learners, and can cause worse results
Seems to be equally effective as guided learning for experienced learners
Issues for Teachers
Teachers give minimal feedback and won't necessarily know if there is a problem
A lot of planning is necessary before it can be implemented
A particular problem is evaluation
Teachers don't always know how students think