Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
British VS Continental Army
Transcript of British VS Continental Army
2. Royal Navy is the largest and most experienced in the world at the time.
3. Well supplied, trained, fed, equipped, funded and disciplined.
4. Mercenaries paid to fight such as the Hessians. Pros: Cons: 1. Unfamiliar territory and far from home which meant longer time for supplies to arrive.
2. Lacked recruiting and sometimes inexperienced, wealthy officers bought themselves into higher positions with more responsibility.
3. The British flint could only fire 6 rounds before it needed resharpening while the American flint could fire 60 rounds.
4. The British did not adapt to American guerilla warfare. The Continental Army Pros: 1. Americans had a reason for fighting. They fought for their rights, independence and liberty.
2. Americans had an alliance with the French which helped win some very important battles.
3. They fought with strategy and didn't always fight ''by the rules'' or how the British fought which was very formal and organized.
3. The British population questioned the need to control the colonies. Cons: 1. The Continental Army had a difficult time rasing funds for supplies.
2. Less experienced, diciplined and equipped militia.
3. Most of the Continental Army was made up of militia and not regulars. Conclusion
I think the reason why the Americans won the Revolutionary War was because they fought differently and more effectively. They also had a will to win and a home court advantage.