Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
1960's Fads & Fashions
Transcript of 1960's Fads & Fashions
- The Twist: dance move that originated from the song "Let's Do the Twist".
-Chinese Fire Drills: stop at a red light, run around the car and pile back in before the light turns green.
- Barbie dolls: launched in 1959, by the mid 1960's every young girl had a barbie in their home.
- Spring break: College students would travel to Ft. Lauderdale, FL for a week of partying. Inspired by the movie "Where the Boys Are".
Tanning cream: Tanning cream/lotion would speed up the process of tanning. Coco Chanel came back from a trip to France with a suntan, so everyone wanted to look like her. MEN
- Even though men's fashion was not as glamorous as the women's clothing, everything got bigger and wider; ties, lapels, and collars. "Flars" became in style which was a modified version of bell bottoms. Polos became a popular casul shirt for men to wear.
- Also men's work wear became more colorful and full of bright patterns, suits also came in more colors besides blue, black or gray. This mod style was influenced from the British.
- The Beatles became a fashion icons. So did many movies such as Easy Rider, " Became and anthem for hippies". Fashion; Women's Fashion; Men's Works cited Women's
- Womens style was diverse and full of change. Form mod, to causal, bright colors and prints. Many looks and styles fallowed what was going on in society. Many trends included
- Bell bottoms
- Plat form shoes/ Go Go boots
- Mini skirts
- Over sized glasses
- Shift dresses
- Pill box hats
- Short boxy- style jackets
- Mini skirt
- bikini Girls: Boys also had bright colors and bold prints. Shorts became popular for boys for play or being causal around the house. Boys we still traditional when going to church. Girls also had bright colors and bold prints such as polka-dots, and sunflowers on there clothes. Princess lined coats became popular as well which were coats that went over dress, made more for comfort then style, and were in many solid colors. Many looks were inspired by Twiggy who was a 60's fashion icon. She was a singer, Super model and actress from London. Twiggy was most famous for her big bright blue eyes, thin built, and false eyelashes. Today, Twiggy is still known as one of the world's most famous super models. Audrey Hepburn was another fashion icon of the 1960's. She was a British actress, fashion icon and humanitarian. She was mostly known for her beauty, elegance, and grace. She known as, "One of Hollywood's greatest style icons". Boys: Women's inspiration Kuehn, Paul. "17 Fads Of The Early And Mid 1960s As Remembered." HubPages. HubPages, 14 Sept. 2012. Web. 17 Mar. 2013. <http://paulkuehn.hubpages.com/hub/17-Fads-Of-The-Early-And-Mid-1960s-As-Remembered>.
"Sixties Fashion - Sixties Mens Clothes." Sixties Fashion - Sixties Mens Clothes. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Mar. 2013. "Crazy Fads." Crazyfads.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Mar. 2013. <http://www.crazyfads.com/>.
"1960s Women's Fashion." LoveToKnow. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Mar. 2013. Website
"1960s Women's Fashion." LoveToKnow. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Mar. 2013.
"The Stiletto Effect: Twiggy the "60's Phenomenon"" The Stiletto Effect: Twiggy the "60's Phenomenon" N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Mar. 2013
Belcher, Jamar. "1960s Children's Clothes." EHow. Demand Media, 09 Nov. 2010. Web. 17 Mar. 2013
Wiltz, Jenni. "What Is Suntan Lotion?" LIVESTRONG.COM. Livestrong, 15 June 2011. Web. 19 Mar. 2013. AUDREY TWIGGY Barbie Dolls Phone Booth Stuffing Twist