Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
"Famine, Affluence, and Morality"
Transcript of "Famine, Affluence, and Morality"
Do we have an ethical duty to give some disposable income to prevent the otherwise unnecessary death of others?
"Suffering and death from lack of food, shelter, and medical care are bad"
"If it is in our power to prevent something bad from happening, without thereby sacrificing anything of comparable importance, then we ought, morally, to do it"
"It makes no moral difference whether the person I can help is a neighbor's child ten yards from me or a Bengali whose name I shall never know, ten thousand miles away"
"The principle makes no distinction between cases in which I am the only person who could possibly do anything and cases in which I am just one among millions in the same situation"