Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
THE ECONOMY GROWTH OF BRAZIL
Transcript of THE ECONOMY GROWTH OF BRAZIL
Brazil and China
Import - Export
- Diplomatic relations between China and Brazil officially began in 1974 with agreement on the establishment and operation of Brazil’s Embassy in Beijing and China’s Embassy in Brasília;
- Both of them are part of the BRICS;
- China is Brazil's largest trading partner since 2009;
- In 2013, bilateral trade reached $ 83.3 billion, with Brazilian surplus of $ 8.7 billion.
The main exports of Brazil are soybeans, beef and chicken, coffee, cotton, iron ore and petroleum;
The main imports are machinery, electrical and transport equipment, chemical products, oil, automotive parts and electronics.
BRAZIL ECONOMIC OVERVIEW
- 500 years old;
- Total population: 202,000,000 (est.);
- Total Area: 8,514,877 km2;
- Literacy: 90.3%;
- Local currency: Real (BRL);
- Economic Active Population: 57,6%;
- The 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games are scheduled to take place in Brazil;
The economy of Brazil is the world's seventh largest by nominal GDP,
In 2013 the FDI to Brazil was U$ 63 billion, which represents 20% of the total inflow to BRICS.
Exports: US$ 242,2 billion;
Imports: US$ 239,6 billion.
Commercial Balance: US$ 2,561 billion.
Positive Point: Brazil increased 29,7% soybeans exports in comparison to 2012;
Challenge: Uncertainty about the American and European economic recovering.
The Brazilian Central Bank (BACEN) is responsible for monetary policy;
Free-floating exchange rate system (Dirty floating);
Brazil exchange reserve: 363 Billion (March.14);
Intervention - Currency Swaps program, to support the currency and curb import prices.
Foreign Exchange Market