Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How to Have a Well-Managed Classroom
Transcript of How to Have a Well-Managed Classroom
Classroom! What is Classroom
Management? Classroom management refers to all the things that a teacher does to organize students, space, time, and materials so that instruction in content and student learning can take place.
Studies show that teachers who are good classroom managers are able to maximize student time or academic learning. What do Teachers do? Effective teachers MANAGE their classroom.
Ineffective teachers DISCIPLINE their classroom.
Characteristics of a
Well-Managed Classroom. The Store: Its layout, organization, and cleanliness.
The Merchandise: Its display, accessibility, and availability.
The Help: Their management, efficiency, knowledge, and friendliness.
Characteristics of a
Well-Managed Classroom. 1. Students are deeply involved with their work, especially with academic, teacher-led instruction.
2. Students know what is expected of them and are generally successful.
3. There is relatively little wasted time, confusion, or disruption.
4. The climate of the classroom is work-oriented, but relaxed and pleasant. Task-Oriented and
Predictable A well-managed classroom is a task-oriented environment. Discussion questions? 1. What makes a well-managed classroom?
2. What things must a teacher acknowledge when working on class management?
3. What might you do as a teacher to contribute to a well-managed classroom?
Just because you have a degree in English does not make you an effective English teacher.
You need to know about:
Formative and summative testing
Etc. 1. Foster student involvement and cooperation in all classroom activities
2. To establish a productive working environment Classroom management includes all of the things a teacher must do toward theses two ends. A well-managed classroom is also a predictable environment. It is the responsibility of the teacher to establish these characteristics.