Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MYP & DP and the Library and Librarian roles
Transcript of MYP & DP and the Library and Librarian roles
THe Library's Role
Objectives of the
MYP Projects and the Extended Essay
How does the library assist students in the process of creating a high quality, authentic project?
Teaching students the 21st Century skills through the MPY and DP years.
Provide assistance to students in the creation of research tools to obtain data.
Provide assistance to students when planning their research:
- Search strategies.
- What places to visit for in depth research.
Give access to the writing style manual (MLA or APA) and assistance in:
- The structure of
the written report.
- In-text citations
Advice students on the ethical use of intellectual property.
by Vilmarie Torres
Explore a topic of
Share their new
Give back to the
Role of the library
1. Provide access to resources in a variety of formats that will become a stepping stone in their inquiry process.
2. Provide online, 24/7 access to resources and how-to guides they can use at school and at home.
Role of the librarian. . .
Academic Honesty. 2011. PDF file.
Academic Honesty in the IB Educational Context. 2014. PDF file.
Extended Essay Guide. 2013. PDF file.
Hickey, Ann. "Chapter 5: Developing inquiries." The Changing Face of
International Education. 2011. DPF file.
MYP: From Principles into Practice. 2014. DPF file.
Projects Guide. 2014. PDF file.
The Diploma Programme: From principles into practice. 2009. PDF file.