Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Growth Mindset Classroom
Transcript of The Growth Mindset Classroom
From September 2015 the core of
secondary school qualifications offered to Key Stage 4 (14-16) on
the Island will move to the International GCSE offered by
Cambridge International Examinations
Aims of the session
Build awareness of mindsets & how they manifest in behaviour
5 practical ways of shifting mindsets
Time to talk
Promoting GROWTH MINdSETs at home & at school
Dr. Carol s. Dweck
What are mindsets?
How do they manifest in the classroom?
How can we encourage the development of growth mindsets?
Marking & the power of 'yet'...
Change the way we speak (& think)
aware of others who have worked hard to become the best
The ability of the brain to change, adapt & "rewire" itself throughout our entire lives
its all about beliefs and expectations
as a result of this session...
i am thinking...
i am planning...
What would you encourage these children to say?
A belief system that suggests that a person has a predetermined amount of intelligence, skills or talents
A belief system that suggests that one's intelligence can be grown or developed with persistence, effort & a focus on learning
the power of yet!
the power of praising effort!
time to reflect...
two great clips explaining how the brain works & neauroplasticity
The learning brain:
perfect for sharing with ks2 & up
full introduction into the research of carol dweck
nice short clip for students of all ages that says "you can learn anything'
Some questions to consider...
1. How do children end up with different mindsets?
2. How can we help children develop growth mindsets?
5 ways to shift mindsets...
1. Praise effort, not intelligence
2. model growth mindset language
3. Encourage challenge, build resilience
4. Celebrate mistakes
5. Teach about the brain