Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
stella adler vs lee strasberg
Transcript of stella adler vs lee strasberg
Acting is doing!
Script Interpretation / Character
Self development of the mind
"Actors should rely upon imagination and the use of actions to produce a realistic, truthful response, and NOT their own personal memories."
"The actor cannot afford to look only to his own life for all his material nor pull strictly from his own experience to find his acting choices and feelings." / Adler
“If I were in this circumstance what would I do?” “What would motivate me, the actor, to behave in the way the character does?”
"The actor creates with his own flesh and blood all those things which all the arts try in some way to describe." / Strasberg
Concentration / Relaxation
Re-experiencing / Emotional recall
BECOME the character!
The process rather than the performance