Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Barnby Ped Cardiac
Transcript of Barnby Ped Cardiac
The Child with Altered Cardiovascular status
Presented by Beth Barnby CRNP http://www.cincinnatichildrens.org/health/heart-encyclopedia/anomalies/graphicsummaries/coarswf.htm Feeding is work for the child with heart failure
Small frequent high calorie feedings as tolerated
Tube feed when necessary
Beware of overfeeding-full stomach can cause distress! Digoxin is a frequently used positive inotrope, review this drug and administration of it before all exams!!!! Primary Hypertension
(Has identifiable factors, but unknown causes)
Lack of exercise Secondary Hypertension
(has a cause)
The treatment is to treat the cause! If a child with cardiac arrhythmias is discharged it is essential that you teach the family CPR prior to discharge!!!